We, at Beyond The Stars believe in the importance of a higher education. We understand the hours of hard work, practice and dedication it takes to achieve the skill level that we see at our competitions. For a dancer to excel in their school obligations as well as extracurricular activities is no easy task. Therefore, Beyond the Stars would like to recognize those dancers and assist in their educational growth by awarding 3-$1,000 college scholarships, (1 scholarship at each National Finals), to a graduating senior who plans to attend college in the fall of 2017.
You must satisfy each requirement listed below in order to be eligible:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior in high school in the 2017 season.
- Applicant must participate in one of the three 2017 National competitions; Slidell, LA; Cape May, NJ; Atlantic City, NJ
- Applicant must complete the form below in full and submit by the deadline.
- Applicant must also submit with this form, a photo of themselves. Photo can be any size, or color.
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from their studio director.
- Applicant must show proof of enrollment into a school of higher education(applicant does not have to pursue dance in order to qualify)
- Applicant must submit answers to both essay questions below:
Essay Question #1 (use up 1,000 words):
There are many studios who do not believe in participating in dance competitions. Please share your experience as a competitive dancer elaborating on the positives and negatives. What lessons have you learned from dance and competitions that you can use in your everyday life?
Essay Question #2 (use up to 250 words):
Why do you think you should receive this scholarship and how would receiving it impact your life and future goals?