1. Time management=major key… in order to help stay stress-free, finding balance between dance, school, friends and other activities is important in keeping you sane during busy times!
2. Listen to your body! We all know the difference between the good kind of sore and ouch! If you’re feeling off, always ask your teacher for their opinion.
3. Feeling stressed? Write it down! Jotting down what’s making you worry is a great way to declutter your mind.
4. Find new inspiration! Youtube a combo to your favorite song, find a new dance instagram account to double-tap, or even watch old dance videos of yourself and see the progress you’ve made!
5. Do not forget about SLEEP! Competition season is just around the corner, so making sure you get 7-8 hours of zzz’s is crucial.
6. Avoid the fatal burn out and crash! Make sure to schedule some down time and do absolutely nothing. Whether it’s an hour or a just a few minutes, you will thank yourself later!
7. Always, Always ALWAYS warm up before you jump into full-out performance mode! Plank-it-out, stretch and jump around to make sure you’re muscles are warm and ready to go all out as much as you are.
8. When in doubt… snack it out! When in a long-rehearsal, reach for a healthy snack that will keep you going! Veggies and hummus, granola bars or yogurt are great go-to’s.
9. Make water your BFF…not only does hydration help digestion, but it can also help improve your focus, energy and mood!
10. Remember: the only competition you should compare yourself to is… yourself! Forget about everyone else, better yourself!
Remember all in all that you love to dance and that is the best reminder to stay happy and healthy!